168 people have signed up for the Feb. 1 fundraiser to help Harrison and her family who recently lost their belongings in a house fire.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Friday, January 25, 2013
Shelley Harrison, her four children and mother are fine after a fire tore through the second floor of their Third Street home. They hope to pick up the pieces with community support.
"Nothing" is a strong word to those who lost practically everything. Shelley Harrison, her four children and mother were uninjured after their house caught fire on Thursday afternoon. (Their pets, two black labs and two house cats, also survived the fire.) The blaze started in the second floor bedroom of their rental home — located at 2026 Third St. — after a candle was left unattended, said Cuyahoga Falls Fire Capt. Rob Campbell. The fire caused about $70,000 in damage, he added. The department responded to the call at about 4:30 p.m. and quickly extinguished the fire while Cuyahoga Falls police cordoned off the area and controlled the crowd of onlookers. Harrison is an employee at Firehouse Grille & Pub in Cuyahoga Falls and her work…