Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Sunny today ahead of rain later this week.
There must be an old man snoring somewhere. Today might be sunny, but the rest of this week looks dim. Starting Tuesday night, rain will be washing over Cuyahoga Falls. Let's hope this doesn't mean more flooding. What the week looks like according to The National Weather Service: Tuesday: High 43, mostly sunny Wednesday: High 48, 60 percent chance of rain Thursday: High 54, 90 percent chance of rain Friday: High 36, 30 percent chance of snow, mostly sunny
Monday, December 5, 2011
With the ground already saturated and rivers running high, it is possible that the rainfall that occurs today through Monday night could cause some rivers to rise above flood stage.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Many rivers have been rising in response to the rain since yesterday, according to the National Weather Service.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Strong winds in the area are the cause for a tornado watch in several Northeast Ohio counties tonight. Take a look at the advisory from the National Weather Service.
The National Weather Service has issued a tornado watch for Summit, Medina, Portage, Cuyahoga, Stark, Lorain and other counties until 11 p.m. tonight. Severe thunderstorms are possible late this afternoon and evening as a cold front moves across the area, according to the NWS. Keep an eye out for damaging winds, tornadoes, heavy rain and large hail. If you have photos to share from the storm or reports of flooding or damage, email your local editor.
Sunday, November 13, 2011
Expect gusts of up to 50 mph hour today. The wind should die down around sunset.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Expect soggy conditions and cloudy skies.
Friday: Showers with a high of 65 degrees. The chance for rain lingers into the evening hours, mainly before 7 p.m., with a low near 51 degrees. Saturday: Mostly cloudy skies with a 50-percent chance for showers. Highs are expected to reach the mid 60s and dip into the 50s at night. Sunday: A 30-percent chance for showers, otherwise expect mostly cloudy skies with a high near 68 degrees. In the evening low will drop to 54 degrees. Click here to see your extended forecast. Information provided by the National Weather Service.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
The National Weather Service Issued a Tornado Watch in Cuyahoga Falls and all of Summit County until early Thursday morning.
A Tornado Watch is in effect in Cuyahoga Falls until 5 a.m. Thursday morning, according to the National Weather Service. The area of concern, according to the NWS, is the eastern part of Ohio from Cleveland to Erie, PA. A Severe Thunderstorm Watch is also in effect until 5 a.m. in Summit County. A line of severe storms is expected to come through the area between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. The storm is capable of having damaging winds, dangerous lightning and large hail., according to the NWS.
Friday, August 12, 2011
Find out when you'll need to keep an umbrella handy this weekend.
Friday: Mostly sunny skies with a high near 80. Partly cloudy skies at night with a low of 56. Saturday: A 30 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms mainly after 1 p.m. Highs are expected to reach the low 80s with partly sunny skies. The chance for storms lingers into the evening hours with a 70 percent chance for rain and storms. Sunday: Keep your umbrella handy, as the forecast calls for a 90 percent chance for showers and thunderstorms. Click here for a look at the complete forecast.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Storms may keep indoors for much of Friday, but find out if the weather will clear up for your weekend.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
The weather watch is extended into the weekend.
Cuyahoga Falls residents woke up to rumbles of thunder and heavy rain Saturday morning. The National Weather Service in Cleveland issued a Flash Flood Watch, which is in effect in Summit County into Saturday night. It’s likely that the thunderstorms and rain will make the ground wet and any additional rain could start to accumulate quickly. A chance for thunderstorms lingers into the evening hours with a 60 percent chance for rain.