There's only a few weeks to register to vote in Summit County for the upcoming .
The Summit County Board of Elections offers three ways to register:
- Printing and filing out the form attached this this post
- Requesting forms be sent to your home
The Ohio voter registration deadline is Oct. 9, 2012. Snail-mail must be postmarked by that date to register in time for the November election.
There are several locations besides the board of elections to register to vote:
- At the offices of the
- At any public or vocational school
- Offices of designated agencies including:
- The Department of Job and Family Services;
- The Department of Health (including the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program);
- The Department of Mental Health;
- The Department of Developmental Disabilities;
- The Rehabilitation Services Commission; or
- Any state-assisted college or university that provides assistance to disabled students.
You qualify to vote if:
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You are at least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election. If you will be 18 on or before November 8, 2011 you may vote in the primary election for candidates, but not on issues.
- You will be a resident of Summit County for at least 30 days immediately before the election.
- You are not incarcerated (in prison or jail) for a felony conviction under the laws of the United States, this state or any other state of the United States.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting purposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of the election laws.
- You register to vote at least 30 days before the election.
The Summit County Board of Elections is at 470 Grant St. Akron.