• A Norma Street resident reported that he loaned a Remington 12-gauge shotgun to an acquaintance who later sold the shotgun without the owner's permission some time between November of 2011 and Sept. 5. The gun was entered into the National Crime Information Center.
• An employee at 449 Howe Ave., reported that $150 was stolen from her purse while it was in a desk drawer in a secure area at the store with access available only to employees. The victim said she would prosecute.
• A resident of the 2800 block of Highpoint Lane told police on Sept. 4 that over the past four years an acquaintance had taken more than $8,000 out of his bank account without his permission.
• A loss prevention officer at , 755 Howe Ave., reported that someone stole cologne products valued at $1,172 from a locked display case some time between Aug. 21 and Sept. 4. Police have no suspects.
• A taxi driver for AAA Transportation told police that a rider he took to 1017 Howe Ave. jumped out and fled into an unknown apartment without paying the $60 fare at 8:40 p.m. Sept. 4.
Identity theft, fraud
A Hanover Street resident told police that someone used her checking account information at bank to cash a check and withdraw $555 from her account on Aug. 31. Police have no suspects.
A Stow resident told police a known male threatened to "beat her up" and shoot her on the 600 block of Graham Road at 3:20 Sept. 5. Police referred her to the prosecutor's office to file charges.
Someone set fire to papers on top of a toilet in the men's room at , 2101 Grant Ave., at about 5:30 p.m. Sept. 4.
• A resident of the 500 block of Grove Avenue told police his pickup truck was egged the night of Sept. 3, causing $150 in damage to the paint.
• A resident of the 2700 block of Northland Street said someone scratched her Ford Explorer the night of Sept. 4.