Fleeing, eluding, drug abuse
• An Akron man was arrested after police said he left the scene of an accident on the 2600 block of State Road at about 2:45 a.m. Nov. 5. Police said Scott M. Bailey drove away from the State Road scene and was chased by police with lights and sirens. Bailey’s car crashed on Valley Road near 27th Street, police said, then he fled on foot, leaving two uninjured passengers behind. Police said Bailey was apprehended shortly afterward and police found cocaine in his possession. He was taken to Summit County Jail.
Breaking and entering/burglary
• A resident of the 1800 block of Second Street reported someone entered his apartment and took a Playstation 3 console, several games and about 40 tablets of medicine.
• Scissors were stolen from a car parked in an unlocked garage on the 2200 block of Stone Street the night of Nov. 4.
• Another Stone Street resident reported a break-in the same night of a car in a secured garage. Nothing was found to be missing.
• Tools valued at $950 were stolen from a work truck parked in a driveway on the 2200 block of Stone Street between midnight and 8 a.m. Oct. 5.
• A resident of the 800 block of Curtis Avenue reported prescriptions for morphine and Vicodin had been stolen between Oct. 30 and Nov. 6. The victim told police she knows who took the drugs but is not seeking prosecution.
• A Tallmadge girl told police she loaned her iPod to a boy she knows, who exchanged the iPod for $150 at the between Oct. 15 and Nov. 4. The iPod is worth $300, the victim said. She told police she didn’t want to prosecute, she just wants her iPod back.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from a car parked in a parking lot on the 2500 block of Second Street the night of Nov. 3. Loss is estimated at $400.
• An Akron woman was arrested and charged with theft at , 449 Howe Ave., at about 5 p.m. Nov. 5. Target loss prevention said Denise N. Hood of Springdale Drive in Akron attempted to leave the store without paying for baby and children’s clothing and two bottles of champagne. The merchandise was valued at $281.40.
• A blue, 18-speed mountain bike was stolen at the , 2015 Third St., between 2:30 and 5:30 p.m. Nov. 3.
• A Canton man was arrested at , 1189 Bucholzer Ave., at about 6:45 p.m. Nov. 3, charged with theft and possession of criminal tools. Police said Mitchell Q. Friend of Georgetown Street Northeast in Canton was found with $268.57 worth of merchandise, which he concealed after cutting them out of their packaging with a small knife.
• An 18-inch statue of the Virgin Mary was taken from a yard on the 2200 block of Billman Place the night of Nov. 2. Loss is estimated at $75.
• A resident of the 1100 block of Falls Avenue stole a briefcase from a vehicle parked on the street the night of Nov. 2. It was found a block away.
• A 12-gauge shotgun was stolen from a vacant warehouse on the 1600 block of Main Street between Oct. 28 and Nov. 1. The gun is valued at $325.
• A white 1999 Ford Taurus was stolen from the parking lot of the , 2015 Third St., between 6:15 and 6:55 p.m. Nov. 1. A purse with $370 in cash was in the car. The car’s value was estimated at $3,500.