The 1900 block of Theiss Road was shut down Monday morning after a small fire broke out on the roof of a nearby residence.
According to Cuyahoga Falls Fire Lt. Tim Mier, a passerby reported the fire just as it started burning at about 11:30 a.m.
"The fire could have burned out of control if it wasn't for that tip," said Mier.
The fire was reportedly triggered by malfunctioning electrical wire that was hooked to the roof of the attached garage.
Fire trucks rushed to the scene, cordoned off the street and quickly doused the fire.
No one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.
Mier estimated the damage at $1,000.