Firefighters Knock Down Electrical Blaze Caused by X-ray Machine

Members of the Cuyahoga Falls Fire Department responded to a fire at Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center today

Cuyahoga Falls firefighters tackled a fire caused by an X-ray machine at Crystal Clinic Orthopaedic Center today.

Capt. George Sewald said the electrical fire broke out about 3:30 p.m. today at the center, 437 Portage Trail, and firefighters had the fire extinguished within 10 minutes.

Sewald said smoke spread throughout the one-story brick building, but damage was mostly contained to the X-ray machine and electrical service. There's no estimate on damages yet.

Everyone had evacuated the building by the time firefighters arrived; however, one of the building's occupants was treated for minor smoke inhalation but was not taken to the hospital, he said.

The Cuyahoga Falls Fire Department handled the fire with no mutual aid, sending out 11 firefighters. Sewald said electrical crews also responded.

The fire is still under investigation.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »