• A loss-prevention officer at Acme, 2630 Bailey Rd., reported stopping a Stow woman from stealing a cart full of grocery items at about 8 p.m. July 1. The woman was charged with theft. Groceries valued at $175 were recovered by the store.
• A resident of the 4200 block of Americana Drive reported that his guitar and tattooing equipment were stolen at about noon July 1. He told police he knows who took his property. Police referred him to the prosecutor's office.
• A resident of the 2200 block of Larchdale Drive reported finding a A Cuyahoga Falls man rummaging through his minivan at about 5 a.m. July 5. Robert Fye of Myrtle Avenue was arrested and charged with vehicle trespass and theft.
• A Whitelaw Street resident reported that someone stole sunglasses, a CD player and four CDs from her car on July 2. Loss was estimated at $140.
• An Adams Avenue resident reported that someone has been making unwanted phone calls and text messages as well as posts on Facebook on July 4 between 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Police referred her to her cellphone provider.
• An unknown male called a Cuyahoga Falls resident, threatening to "shoot and kill" her and her family members at about 7 p.m. July 1.
• A resident of the 1600 block of Hanover Street reported receiving threatening phone call messages on July 2 from a person he knows.
Assault, violation of protection order
An Eleanora Drive resident reported his wife violated a protection order, and a man pushed him to the ground and spat on him at about 7 p.m. July 2. The wife was arrested.
• A 2002 Buick Century was stolen from a driveway on the 200 block of Lincoln Avenue between midnight and 8 a.m. July 2. The car was recovered from the parking lot of a business on 6th Street. The car was undamaged but several items were missing, including a GPS unit, a bag full of baseball gear and about $15 in cash. Total loss was estimated at $610. Items were taken from another car at the same residence included a Nintendo game system, a DVD player for a loss of $260.
• A 1999 Buick Century reported stolen in Akron was found crashed into a tree on the 3700 block of Northampton Road at about 3:30 a.m. July 1.