Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society to meet Weds., June 13
The Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society will hold its next monthly meeting on Weds., June 13 at 7 p.m. at the Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 Third St.
Speaker Nancy Milford will give a presentation on the history of the Cuyahoga Falls Library, which is celebrating its 100th year of service to the community. The meeting, which will be held in the downstairs Sutliff meeting room, is free and open to the public.
In 1907, Margaretta Taylor bequeathed the funds necessary for the creation of a library, which was officially incorporated in 1911 as the William A. and Margaretta Taylor Memorial Association. In 1912, the library moved into the red brick building on Second Street. This building served the community until 1970, when the library moved into its current location on the corner of Third Street and Broad Boulevard.