Summa Western Reserve Hospital, in conjunction with Summa Health System, will host “Sharing the Season” on Monday, December 10th from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the hospital’s auditorium at 1900 23rd St., Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44223. The free, public event focuses on the meaning, traditions and cuisine of various cultural celebrations and observances from around the world to coincide with the holiday season. Free valet parking is available to all guests.
Sharing the Season features a series of free activities and entertainment and guests are invited to sample various multi-ethic food stations.
Events and performances include:
Snowflake Tea Room will demonstrate a traditional Japanese Tea Ceremony and educate guests about Japanese culture.
Sangeeta Patel will provide a DVD presentation about Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights celebrating life.
Michael Searching Bear will perform a Native American solo flute performance.
Food stations include:
• Our Lady of Guadalupe (Hispanic / Latino)– Featuring Tresh Lecha – Hispanic Cake (Sponsored by ManorCare Akron & Barberton)
• Lunar New Year (Chinese) –Featuring a variety of Chinese dishes (Fired rice, wonton, egg, Szechauan Chicken (Sponsored by Heather Knoll and Grande Village)
• Epiphany/Three Kings (Hispanic / Latino) – Featuring Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup (Sponsored by Kent Health Care, Pebble Creek and Wyant Woods)
• Native American Heritage Day (Native American) – Featuring Hopi Corn Soup (Sponsored by National Church Residence)
• Christmas (Christian) – Featuring Christmas Cookies (Sponsored by Maison Aine, Maple Wood and Arbors of Fairlawn)
• All Saints Day (Christian/Catholic)– Featuring Croissant Sandwiches (Sponsored by Altercare of Cuyahoga Falls & Hartville)
• Lucia Dagen (Sweden/Norway/Finland) – Featuring a variety of coffees, cinnamon rolls and ginger cookies. (Sponsored by Aurora Manor)