As part of a cost-cutting initiative, FirstMerit Bank will close eight branches in August, including six in the Akron area, reports the Akron Beacon Journal.
The Cuyahoga Falls branch, located at 1871 E. Bailey Road, will shut its doors on Aug. 25.
The good news is, the and State Road FirstMerit locations will remain open.
The other banks that will be closing are:
- Branches in Amherst on Leavitt Road and Willoughby Hills in Wickliffe (Aug. 11).
- Stonegate in Medina at 4191 Pearl Road (Aug. 18).
- Old Mill in Brunswick at 3459 Center Road (Aug. 18).
- Sharon Center at 1310 Sharon-Copley Road (Aug. 18).
- Barberton at 480 W. Tuscarawas Ave., Barberton, (Aug. 25).
- North Hill in Akron at 727 N. Main St. will be converted into a drive-up and ATM location only (Aug. 25).
“We are always evaluating our branch network, opening and closing new locations as needed to reflect changing customer needs and trends, such as migrating to online and mobile banking channels,” said FirstMerit Spokesman Rob Townsend.