It’s that time of year again: Muffins for Mammograms time!
For 20 consecutive years, Akron General Health System and Main Street Gourmet’s Muffins for Mammograms program has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to cover the cost of mammograms for nearly 6,000 uninsured women throughout Northeast Ohio.
This year’s Muffins for Mammograms event will feature the two most popular muffins – blueberry and French toast – at $15 per dozen.
Advance orders of $150 or more will be accepted online through Sept. 28 and will be delivered to locations within Summit County on Oct. 17. Click this link to place an order.
Same-day muffin sales of smaller quantities will be held from 7 to 11 a.m. Oct. 17 at these five Akron General Health System locations:
- Akron General Health & Wellness Center - North, 4300 Allen Road, Stow
- Akron General Medical Center, 400 Wabash Ave., Akron
- Akron General Health & Wellness Center - West, 4125 Medina Road, Montrose
- Akron General Health & Wellness Center - Green, 1940 Town Park Blvd., Uniontown
- Lodi Community Hospital, 225 Elyria St., Lodi
The Muffins for Mammograms program distributes breast health information along with the muffins and raises much-needed funds to pay for mammograms throughout the year for women who are uninsured.
In addition to Akron General and Main Street Gourmet, the WQMX 94.9 FM Bosom Buddies program is part of the team marking the 20th successful year of Muffins for Mammograms.
For more information about Muffins for Mammograms call 330-344-7170. Those seeking details on qualifying for a free mammogram should call 330-344-5760 or 330-344-2778.