Invite a friend
Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society Presents Library's 100-Year Story
Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society to meet Weds., June 13
The Cuyahoga Falls Historical Society will hold its next monthly meeting on Weds., June 13 at 7 p.m. at the Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 Third St.
Speaker Nancy Milford will give a presentation on the history of the Cuyahoga Falls Library, which is celebrating its 100th year of service to the community. The meeting, which will be held in the downstairs Sutliff meeting room, is free and open to the public.
In 1907, Margaretta Taylor bequeathed the funds necessary for the creation of a library, which was officially incorporated in 1911 as the William A. and Margaretta Taylor Memorial Association. In 1912, the library moved into the red brick building on Second Street. This building served the community until 1970, when the library moved into its current location on the corner of Third Street and Broad Boulevard.
|Where||Cuyahoga Falls Library 2015 3rd St, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:00 pm–8:45 pm|
More About Cuyahoga Falls Library
Built in 1970, the Cuyahoga Falls Library is two blocks from the Falls River Square in the heart of the city. This building, off of 3rd Street, replaced a house off of 2nd Street, which was the original location for the city's library since 1911. With more than 150,000 books to choose from, the Cuyahoga Falls Library offers services that meet the needs of residents in a tech-savvy era.
"The Falls is a very family-friendly city with a lot of resources and educational opportunities," said Kevin Rosswurm, library director. Rosswurm explained that staff members work each day to keep the library up to speed with the flow of information in our fast-paced society.