A water main break was reported at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the intersection of Bailey Road and Northmoreland Boulevard, according to John Christopher, director of the Cuyahoga Falls Water Department.
Due to the break, traffic has been disrupted and a detour is in effect, said Christopher.
Bailey road is open, but Christopher is asking motorists to drive carefully near the road crew working on the break.
However, motorists driving on Bailey will not be able to turn onto Northmoreland; they will need to turn onto Treasch Drive, and then take a left at Sedro Street in order to head east on Northmoreland.
Motorists driving west on Northmoreland will need to take a left on Sedro and a right on Treasch to reach Bailey.
Christopher estimates the detour will be in effect until 6 p.m.
Refer to the affected area on the Patch Commute map above.
See More on Patch
- Major Roadways Closed Due to Water Main Breaks
- Public Indecency; Wandering Children; and Mixed-Up Witness: Crime Blotter
- Top 10 Stories in Cuyahoga Falls in March: Accidents, Crime and Homes for Sale
- Chamber Expo, Flipped Car and E-Report Cards & More: Week in Review
- Motorist Injured After He Runs Stop Sign, Hits House & Overturns Car