Scaffolding, wallets, purses and cash taken from cars, yards
Information was provided by the Cuyahoga Falls Police Department.
• A wallet containing several credit cards, Social Security card and Ohio driver's license was taken from a car parked at Village Thrift, 2930 State Rd., between 11:20 and 11:45 a.m. Sept. 3.
• A cellphone valued at $150 was taken from a car parked on the 2400 block of Northland Street between 8 p.m. Sept. 2 and noon Sept. 3.
• About $5 in change was taken from a vehicle parked on the 800 block of Albemarle Avenue the night of Sept. 2.
• A purse was taken from a minivan on 1600 block of 11th Street the night of Sept. 2. The purse was recovered in a neighbor's yard and nothing appeared to be missing.
• A wallet valued at $50 containing a Social Security card was taken from a Chevy Trailblazer parked on the 1500 block of Merline Street between 4:30 and 5 a.m. Sept. 3. Police said there is a lead in this case.
• A wallet containing $60 in cash, several debit cards and a driver's license was taken from Penn Station restaurant, 753 Howe Ave., between 5 and 6 p.m. Aug. 31.
• A resident and two guests on the 1800 block of Second Street reported that $160 in cash, a Xanax prescription and a phone and makeup were missing. A 15-year-old who had also been staying at the apartment was also gone.
• A resident of the 2800 block of Norma Street reported that a book of checks, a Visa debit card, cash and Xanax pills, total value $39, were taken from a purse under the passenger seat of a locked vehicle the night of Sept. 2. Police have a lead in this case.
• A debit card was taken from a woman at Barne's Sewing Supply, 2585 State Rd., and $210 of unauthorized purchases were made on the card between 11 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. on Aug. 29. There is a suspect in the case.
• Scaffolding valued at $800 was taken but later returned by a neighbor on the 1300 block of Treasch Drive on Sept. 1.
• A weed trimmer valued at $180 was taken from a front porch on the 500 block of Sill Avenue the night of Aug. 31.
• A check was stolen from a resident of the 2700 block of Third Street and cashed between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 25 and 3 p.m. Aug. 26 by an acquaintance of the victim, police said. The victim said she would prosecute.