Updated Jan. 25 at 3:55 p.m.
State Route 8 Northbound traffic jam
Due to a severe car accident on State Route 8 Northbound, Mayor Don Robart advised motorists to use alternate routes Friday.
The accident occurred just before the Graham Road exit; however, details of the accident remain unclear.
The accident backed up traffic to the Front Street exit in Cuyahoga Falls, said Robart in a press releaase issued at 2:30 p.m.
According to Patch's live traffic map, the accident has been cleared and traffic is flowing again on State Route 8 Northbound.
State Route 8 Southbound traffic jam
A second car accident occurred at 2:52 p.m. on State Route 8 Southbound in Akron at the E. Glenwood Avenue exit, according to Patch's live traffic map
Two lanes were blocked due to the accident.
The accident was cleared at 3:55 p.m. Friday.
Refer to Patch's Commute map above to find alternate routes, and to check the flow of traffic.
See More on Patch
- Top Cuyahoga Falls Stories of April: Updates on Portage Crossings, Car Crash, Child Pornography Found
- Napkin Used to Rob Walmart; Drunk Man Tased; and Failed Pizza Robbery: Best of the Blotter
- UPDATE: Driver Hospitalized After Route 8 Wreck
- UPDATE: Police Chief Offers Details of Grisly Crash
- Motorist Injured After He Runs Stop Sign, Hits House & Overturns Car