Special Election: Polling Locations and the Issues
A voter's guide on what will appear on the May 3 ballot and polling locations in Cuyahoga Falls.
Issue 3: The Cuyahoga Falls City Schools Replacement Levy
The 9.97 mill, 5-year replacement levy, would cost the owner of a $100,000 home in Cuyahoga Falls $150.06 each year. If approved, this levy would generate close to $8.3 million each year.
What’s at stake?
The district has already announced staff layoffs for teachers and tutors, according to FallsNewsPress.com. In a call to the district’s parents and staff on Sunday, Superintendent Ed Holland reminded voters to support the district.
“This replacement levy is vital to maintaining our academic programming and without it, we will be forced to cut even deeper into those programs and to remove more staff,” Holland said.
The district faces a $1.4 million deficit by the end of next school year.
Issue 16: The Cuyahoga Falls Library Levy
The 1.9 mill levy will cost the owner of a $100,000 home $58.24 each year. This levy would replace the current 1.3 mill levy, which expires in December. Library Director Kevin Rosswurm says state funding has declined 49 percent since 2001.
What’s at stake?
The levy funds operations, allowing for staffing and purchase of books, movies and other materials for circulation. If the levy doesn’t pass, cuts include, but are not limited to: staffing, the purchasing of new materials and hours of operation (will be reduced).
Do you know where to cast your ballot? If not, below is the list of polling locations in town.
Remember to follow Cuyahoga Falls Patch for up-to-the-minute election results on Tuesday night!
- Quirk Cultural Center, 1201 Grant Ave.
Precincts: 1-A, 1-D, 2-E, 2-F.
- Yorkshire Woods, 1305 Buckingham Gate Blvd.
- Cuyahoga Falls Library, 2015 3rd St.
Precincts: 1-C, 7-F.
- Church in the Falls, a Church of Christ, 837 Chestnut Blvd.
Precincts: 1-E, 2-A, 2-C.
- Sutliff Apartments, 1850 2nd St.
Precincts: 2-B, 2-D.
- Community of Believers Church, 2543 State Rd.
Precincts: 3-A, 3-B, 3-D, 3-E.
- Richardson Elementary School, 2226 23rd St.
Precincts: 3-C, 3-F.
- Journey Covenant Church, 2679 North Haven Blvd.
- St. Luke Lutheran Church, 2121 6th St.
Precincts: 4-A, 7-A.
- Bolich Middle School, 2630 13th St.
Precincts: 4-B, 4-C, 5-E.
- Bethany United Church of Christ, 1235 Broad Blvd.
Precincts: 4-D, 4-E.
- Portage Towers Apartments, 2220 High St.
- Lions Park Lodge, 641 Silver Lake Ave.
Precincts: 5-A, 5-B, 5-F.
- Broadman Baptist Church, 350 E. Bath Rd.
Precincts: 5-C, 5-D.
- Bailey Road Christian Church, 3200 Bailey Rd.
Precincts: 6-A, 6-B, 6-C.
- United Presbyterian Church of Cuyahoga Falls, 2819 Hudson Dr.
Precincts: 6-D, 6-E, 6-F, 7-D.
- Schnee Learning Center, 2222 Issaquah St.
Precincts: 7-B, 7-C, 7-E.
- Wyoga Lake Commons, 4260 Americana Dr.
- Old Portage Masonic Temple, 1589 Akron Peninsula Rd.
- Woodridge Middle School, 4451 Quick Rd., Peninsula
Precincts: 8-C, 8-D, 8-E, 8-F.