Updated Nov. 15, 10:44 a.m.
On Nov. 8 at 10:18 p.m., Cuyahoga Falls Police, Fire and EMS raced to State Road and Portage Trail, and found two mangled SUVs upon arrival.
According to police, Tamara L. Gunnels was drunk and driving north on State when she slammed her Land Rover into the back of a GMC Terrain, which was stopped at the Portage Trail traffic light.
The violent collision sent both vehicles spinning into the middle of the intersection.
Gunnels, 37, of Cuyahoga Falls, was arrested and charged with aggravated vehicular assault, a third-degree felony.
The other driver, June Bilinovich, 57, of Clinton, sustained “an open skull fracture, rib fractures and a partially collapsed lung,” according to the police report.
Her injuries were described as “serious” by EMS at the scene and she was rushed to an area hospital.
Bilinovich’s condition is unknown at this time.
Gunnels appeared for a preliminary hearing before Judge Kim Hoover in Stow Municipal Court on Wednesday, reports the Stow Clerk of Courts Office.
Given the felony charge, Gunnels will be prosecuted by the Summit County Court of Common Pleas in the coming weeks.
See More on Patch
- Police: Drunken Woman Cited After Getting Struck by Car
- Motorist Caught With Mini-Weed Cache; Thief Dashes From Home Depot: Crime Blotter
- Police: Men Face Felony Charges After Bringing Gun to Fight
- Child Pornography Suspect Released From Jail
- Police: Cuyahoga Falls Man Arrested After Child Pornography Found Friday