Police Blotter: Thefts Reported by Residents, Businesses
The following information was supplied by the Cuyahoga Falls Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Cuyahoga Falls Police are investigating the follow reports of theft from vehicles, homes and businesses:
- A Bedford resident called police at 4:34 p.m. Dec. 29 to report that someone stole a $600 laptop from her 2001 Toyota Rav4 while she was at work in the 500 block of Howe Avenue. The vehicle not damaged, as the thief gained entry through an unlocked passenger-side door. Nothing else was taken from the vehicle. The theft occurred between noon and 7 p.m. Dec. 24.
- A resident of the 1800 block of Beacon Hill Circle reported at 11:19 a.m. Dec. 30 that someone had stolen a Kohl’s gift card valued at $100 from her mailbox sometime since Dec. 23.
- A detective at Summa Western Reserve Hospital called police at 11:33 a.m. Dec. 30 to report that someone took a 40-inch Samsung flat-screen TV valued at $600 from the second floor of the hospital. The theft occurred between 6 p.m. Dec. 23 and 7 a.m. Dec. 24. The hospital detective told police he would review security camera footage to see if he could develop a suspect.
- A security officer at Giant Eagle called police at 2:05 p.m. Dec. 31 to report that an Akron man and woman had walked out the door without paying for $132 worth of party trays and miscellaneous groceries. The items were recovered and retained by the store. The male, 41, and the female, 48, were both issued summons to appear in court on misdemeanor theft charges.
- A Massillon resident called police at 4:57 p.m. Jan. 1 to report that someone had broken into a house he owns in the 2000 block of Phelps Avenue and cut out all the copper pipes. The loss is estimated at $500. The theft occurred between 8 a.m. Dec. 27 and 4 p.m. Jan. 1.