It’s been a busy couple of weeks for the Cuyahoga Falls Police Narcotics Unit.
The unit, along with the National Park Service, arrested David A. Weir, 50, of Cleveland, on Aug. 25 after finding a marijuana grow lab in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park.
Over 20 plants with an irrigation system were located near Bath Road and Riverview Road and police have reason to believe Weir operated the lab, according to Falls Police Sgt. James Singleton.
He was charged with cultivation of marijuana, possession of marijuana, and criminal tools; all fifth-degree felonies.
Weir was booked into Summit County Jail.
Fairlawn-Bath Patch: Marijuana Found Growing in Bath Township Man's Yard
See More on Patch
- Creative Con Man Scores Free Beer: Best of the Blotter
- Masked Men Spotted off State Road; Falls Pipe Bomb Maker Sentenced: Crime Blotter
- Motorist Caught With Mini-Weed Cache; Thief Dashes From Home Depot: Crime Blotter
- Expect Lane, Road Closures in Cuyahoga Falls Monday
- Sex Sting Leads to Termination of Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy Coach