New Restaurant for the Sheraton, Investigation into Baby's Death & More: Week in Review
Cuyahoga Falls' biggest stories of the week
1. Piatto Novo out, Beau's Grille in: Looks like the Sheraton Suites will be changing it up, come May. The hotel's restaurant, Piatto Novo, will transform into a Beau's Grille, offering diners an array of seafood, steaks, drinks and desserts.
2. Investigation into death of 3-month-old baby: Cuyahoga Falls police are investigating the death of a 3-month-old baby. Details of the death are pending an autopsy by the Summit County Medical Examiner's Office.
3. Everything but the kitchen sink: An unknown number of thieves ransacked a foreclosed home in the 1000 block of East Broadway Street on Feb. 14 and reportedly stole $10,000 worth of materials from the residence.
4. Tiger Trail project could get help from school district: The Cuyahoga Falls School Foundation had said it would ask the school board to approve a $30,000 loan for Phase 1 of the Tiger Trail (a brick-paved patch into Clifford Stadium). But now foundation officials aren't so sure.
5. Metropolis Popcorn adds flavor to the Falls: Ever been inside Metropolis Popcorn? Cuyahoga Falls Patch checked in with owner Brent VanFossen to see why the business is finding success in the Falls.