Falls Police Blotter: Walgreens Robbed, Restroom Vandalized
The following was culled from police reports, dated July 1-5. It does not indicate a conviction.
An employee of Walgreens, 2645 State Rd., reported a robbery at about 1:30 p.m. July 2. The robber, described as a white male with a muscular build in his mid-20s wearing an Ohio State hat, gray T-shirt and black pants, took about $175 and two packs of cigarettes.
• The light above the basement door of Outerwear, 1671 State Rd., was broken sometime before July 5. Loss was estimated at $50.
• A Front Street business (1659 Front) reported that someone broke a window and damaged a men's room door between June 30 and July 3. Damage was estimated at $115.
• A women's restroom toilet and sink were broken with a rock near the Keyser Park ballfields off Bath Road on July 2 or July 3. Damage was estimated at $200.
Burglary, breaking and entering
• A resident of the 500 block of Meredith Lane told police someone entered her apartment between 5 p.m. July 3 and 7 p.m. July 4, taking $200 from her purse. There were signs of forced entry. Nothing else was reported missing.
• Someone entered Riverfront Ballroom and Dance, 137 Portage Trail, the night of July 1, taking property valued at $250.
• A resident on the 200 block of Jennings Avenue that someone entered his home and took jewelry valued at $2,400 between 4:30 a.m. and 9 p.m. June 30.
• A resident of the 100 block of Cochran Avenue reported a big-screen TV and a MacBook laptop computer were taken from his home between 10 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. July 1. Loss was estimated at $2,000.
• A resident of Whitelaw Street reported someone entered her garage and stole 20 DVD movies and sunglasses the night of July 1. The loss was estimated to be $520.