Falls Police Warn to Lock Your Doors After Rash of Car Break-Ins
The following was culled from Cuyahoga Falls police reports dated July 8-9. It does not indicate a conviction.
Here's some of the many incidents the department is referring to:
- A man at the 2600 block of 7th Street reported someone stole his GPS, valued at $200, from his unlocked car between Sunday night and Monday morning.
- Thieves entered an unlocked car Monday morning at the 500 block of Sackett Avenue and stole 40 CDs, an estimated value of $20 each. Approximately $.75 in change was also stolen, perhaps to feed the meter.
- Someone entered an unlocked car between Sunday night and Monday morning on the 2000 block of 9th Street. The items stolen had an estimated value of $50.
- A woman at the 1800 block of 7th Street reported someone entered her unlocked car and stole her first generation iPhone valued at $100.
- A woman at the 2300 block of Grant Avenue reported someone entered her unlocked car and took her GPS, valued at $100, between Friday night and Saturday morning.