1. Find out what it takes to be an on-the-spot comedian with the Point of No Return Improv troupe at the Quirk Cultural Center. Learn improvisational skills and begin to master the art of spontaneity with the group of comedians. No experience needed, and those who know a thing or two about cracking an impromptu joke are welcome as well. The workshop starts at 6 p.m. tonight, costs $5 and guests will be invited to stick around and participate in the free PNR show at 7:30 p.m.
2. City Hall and the Cuyahoga Falls City Schools will be closed in observance of Labor Day on Monday, Sept. 5. Government offices and classes will resume the following day. Also, get your shopping in early as many stores and shops will have limited holiday hours.
3. For Monday, showers are likely with a high near 69 degrees. Chance of precipitation is 70 percent. Keep a light jacket or sweater handy in the evening—the low will dip into the lower 50s under partly cloudy skies.
4. The Indians are scheduled to go head-to-head with the first place Detroit Tigers on Monday at 1:05 p.m. The Indians (69-66) are five and a half games back against the Tigers in the AL Central Division, and this home stand may serve as a turning point for the Tribe if they can take the three-game series.
5. Stay safe this holiday weekend, and be sure to call a cab or rely on a designated driver as local police stations and the Ohio Highway Patrol are planning on ramping up DUI stops and speeding traps throughout the region.