Walsh University Presents Catholic Schools Week Photo Contest
Walsh University is pleased to announce the first Catholic Schools Week photo contest. The national contest will run from January 27 – March 31, 2013.
Catholic schools have a rich, storied history of providing academic excellence within a solid faith tradition. In honor of this history and Catholic Schools Week 2013, “Catholic Schools Raise the Standards,” Catholic high school students from Stark County and across the country are invited to snap a photo that best captures what Catholic education means to them. A panel of judges will select the photo that best embraces the spirit of Catholic Schools Week. The winning photo will be part of a 2014 marketing materials that celebrate Catholic Schools Week. The winning photographer will receive a $500 grand prize. Two runners up will each receive $250.
Contest terms include:
- Participants must currently be enrolled in a U.S. Catholic high school, grades 9-12;
- Email submissions must include the student’s full name, current school, grade level, phone number and address to be eligible;
- Submissions are limited to one photo per student;
- Photos may be submitted January 27 – March 31, 2013;
- Winner will be notified by April 15, 2013;
- Winning photograph will be announced publicly at the first “Experience You Faith” event taking place at Walsh University in May 2013;
- By entering the contest, the photographer grants Walsh University permission to use the image on the University’s website, social media and other platforms.
For more information, go to www.walsh.edu/csw.